Rocky Mountain Sunscreen
14700 W. 66th Pl., #2
Arvada, CO 80004
David Erickson, Pres.
Sean Zimmerman, Gen. Mgr.
In 1989, on a bright, sunny day in Keystone, Colorado, David Erickson, a supplier to ski resorts and national parks since 1982, conceived Rocky Mountain Sunscreen. As he worked with his retailers high in the Rocky Mountains, he noticed skiers that were sun burning and demanding a sunscreen that would work in high altitude. Erickson identified what he felt was an un-addressed market and decided to launch Rocky Mountain Sunscreen. With an existing customer base, he interviewed three different chemists to help build his formula. Erickson partnered with the one that was most knowledgeable about UV exposure and was personally dealing with skin cancer. Following three years of research and development, the first bottle of Rocky Mountain Sunscreen was shipped in December 1992.
The fruit of Erickson’s labor is an elite, broad spectrum sun protection product that is greaseless, very water resistant (80 minutes), PABA and fragrance free. Fortified with aloe and antioxidants, the sunscreen is formulated as a daily moisturizer – safe for daily use on the face and under women’s makeup. The unique bonding base formula works by interlocking with the top epidural layer of the skin unlike wax based and film based sunscreens. Bonding base sunscreens will not clog the pores and allow the body to breathe and sweat. All Rocky Mountain Sunscreen products meet or exceed every current FDA standard.
Rocky Mountain Sunscreen supports local education events and programs that focus on skin cancer prevention and awareness. David Erickson currently sits on the Skin Cancer Task Force for the Colorado Cancer Coalition (www.coloradocancercoalition.org). He meets monthly with researchers from the University of Colorado Health Science Center, dermatologists, educational resource executives, and health professionals with the single goal of reducing skin cancer within the State of Colorado and in the Rocky Mountain area. With funds granted from the CDC, this dynamic group created sunsafecolorado.org, a website for the citizens, outdoor workers, and children of Colorado.
Rocky Mountain Sunscreen™
China Claims Title For World’s Highest Outdoor Swimming Pool
New Pool Products To Check Out in 2022
PHTA Debuts Pool Professionals Pipeline
Best Automatic Pool Cleaners & Robotic Pool Cleaners
Best Above Ground Pool Pumps of 2022
Deepest Pool In The World – Deep Dive Dubai
Recent Pool News
- China Claims Title For World’s Highest Outdoor Swimming PoolNew business tower in China has a pool with breathtaking views from the 71st floor. […]
- PHTA Debuts Pool Professionals PipelineGroup plans to launch a robust jobseeker education program to fill pipeline with new talent. […]
- Las Vegas Losing Classic Fire & Water Feature – Mirage Volcano Set to CloseHard Rock confirms iconic Las Vegas fire feature, Mirage Volcano will close. […]
- Congratulations Pool Nation Award Winners!Popular pool podcast hosts award show focused on inclusion […]
- Pool & Hot Tub Alliance Celebrates National Apprenticeship WeekOne year into its national apprenticeship program, the association shares successes […]
- Pool Industry Standing Shoulder to Shoulder After HurricanesAfter two brutal back to back hurricanes, pool […]
- Hurricane Nicole Unleashes a Second Round of Devastation on FloridaNovember hurricanes are rare so to say that Hurricane […]
- Basecrete Launches OnDeck Wearable Waterproofing SystemOnDeck waterproofing system promises to be a real game changer for pool contractors. […]
- Going Above & Beyond For Pool CustomersScott Payne knows a few things about making brand […]
- Building a Pool in South Florida Has ChangedWhen Erik Eikevik first started out in the pool […]