Total Immersion Swimming
Total Immersion Swimming
New Paltz, NY
P.O. Box 370
Terry Laughlin, Pres.
Keith Woodburn, Opr. Mgr.
Total Immersion: A skill-based approach to swimming better
Whatever your reasons for swimming—recreation, fitness, endurance, or speed–your chances of success and satisfaction will increase enormously if you approach swimming as a game of skill—rather than test of endurance. In the Total Immersion method, fitness happens while you learn and improve skills.
Statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention illuminate why skill is essential:
Only a third of American adults can swim the length of a 25-yard pool.
And just two percent can swim a continuous quarter-mile.
The millions who can’t complete a single pool length aren’t lacking fitness: Swimming 25 yards takes no more fitness than walking 100 strides!
What they lack is skill—but not just any kind of skill. Swimming is an aquatic skill, while humans are terrestrial mammals.
Total Immersion instruction puts you at ease in the water, then teaches you to cleverly adapt human anatomy to swim more like an aquatic mammal.
Three Steps to Success
Total Immersion techniques of have been refined over 25 years with countless thousands of students—most of whom had little skill or experience.
We follow the same 3-step sequence of foundational skills with every student and every form of swimming. When you learn these skills you’ll be able to:
Swim farther and faster using less energy
Enjoy every stroke and improve continuously.
Swim free of injury or pain.
View PoolCarePRO in Our Industry DirectorySponsored Advertisement
Chlorine Prices Continue To Go Up This Summer
Is There a ‘Right’ Time to Start Swimming?
PHTA Now Accepting Nominations for $5,000 Dr. R. Neil Lowry Grant
Best Automatic Pool Cleaners of 2021
Deepest Pool In The World – Deep Dive Dubai
Shortages Delaying Pool Construction
Recent Pool News
- Chlorine Prices Continue To Go Up This SummerWith no relief in sight, chlorine prices continue to […]
- 3D Printed Pools Ready To Hit The MarketSan Juan Pools is ready to usher in the era of […]
- Coach Saves Swimmer Who Fainted At World Championships‘Hero coach saves swimmer’ was the […]
- Adding a Sauna To Your BackyardAdding a sauna to your backyard is becoming more and […]
- Pool Design Trends With Kelly O’LearyAs we move well into the 2020’s era of outdoor […]
- The Next Generation of Rising Stars in San AntonioThere are a few rising stars in the pool industry that […]
- Dirty Public Pool Cause of E. Coli Outbreak Says CDCWhen the summer months arrive the hot weather has […]
- The Pool Pump Cover™ – Pool Equipment EnclosureHate seeing messy pipes and pool equipment in the […]
- Premier Pools & Spas Elevates New Talent in the Pool IndustryPartnering with the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance, […]
- One Rockin’ Pool Project at the Hard RockJason Evans and Jeff Brown know a thing or two about […]