Duraflex Int’l. Corp.
160 Wunotoo Rd.
Sparks, NV 89434-6608
Doug Bowman, C.O.O.
Kayla Spry , Export/Production
Duraflex International began as Arcadia Air products, a subsidiary of an aircraft tooling company. The founder, Raymond Rude, made an aluminum diving board in 1949 out of an aircraft wing panel. College divers found it to be wonderfully flexible.
Mr. Rude refined the basic design and built machinery to produce it at a reasonable cost, using a large aluminum extrusion for each board. The extrusion is an integrally-stiffened skin; eight ribs underneath the top “skin” give it strength.
By 1960, the flexibility and high performance of the Duraflex diving board was known worldwide. It was the only diving board used at the 1960 Rome Olympics. It has been the only diving board used in the Olympics and all major international competition since that time.
Starting in 2005 major changes to the factory began. New product developments and redesign of the current products are underway. Features that enhance ease of use and appearance have been added and more are being planned. We have reviewed and revised procedures and materials in order to continue to provide our customers with the world’s best diving equipment. All of our products have been modeled in 3D CAD software and drawings of all Durafirm stands are now available.
We are the “next generation” Duraflex. We are striving to improve all aspects of our product and business. Duraflex continues to be the standard in the diving industry.
ePropelled Unveils Energy-Efficient Electric Pump Motors
Remembering Pearl Harbor & The Role Swim Training Played
POOL & HOT TUB ALLIANCE ANNOUNCES RECIPIENTS OF 2022 CHAIRMAN’S AWARDS
Best Automatic Pool Cleaners & Robotic Pool Cleaners
Best Above Ground Pool Pumps of 2022
Deepest Pool In The World – Deep Dive Dubai
Recent Pool News
- ePropelled Unveils Energy-Efficient Electric Pump MotorsLOWELL, Mass. | December 6, 2022 – ePropelled, a […]
- Remembering Pearl Harbor & The Role Swim Training Played“December 7th, a day which will live in […]
- The Indoor Ocean Where The US Navy Tests Its ShipsTake an insiders tour of the Indoor Ocean where the US Navy tests its ships. […]
- China Claims Title For World’s Highest Outdoor Swimming PoolNew business tower in China has a pool with breathtaking views from the 71st floor. […]
- PHTA Debuts Pool Professionals PipelineGroup plans to launch a robust jobseeker education program to fill pipeline with new talent. […]
- Las Vegas Losing Classic Fire & Water Feature – Mirage Volcano Set to CloseHard Rock confirms iconic Las Vegas fire feature, Mirage Volcano will close. […]
- Congratulations Pool Nation Award Winners!Popular pool podcast hosts award show focused on inclusion […]
- Pool & Hot Tub Alliance Celebrates National Apprenticeship WeekOne year into its national apprenticeship program, the association shares successes […]
- Pool Industry Standing Shoulder to Shoulder After HurricanesAfter two brutal back to back hurricanes, pool […]
- Hurricane Nicole Unleashes a Second Round of Devastation on FloridaNovember hurricanes are rare so to say that Hurricane […]