Duraflex Int’l. Corp.
Duraflex Int’l. Corp.
160 Wunotoo Rd.
Sparks, NV 89434-6608
Doug Bowman, C.O.O.
Kayla Spry , Export/Production
Duraflex International began as Arcadia Air products, a subsidiary of an aircraft tooling company. The founder, Raymond Rude, made an aluminum diving board in 1949 out of an aircraft wing panel. College divers found it to be wonderfully flexible.
Mr. Rude refined the basic design and built machinery to produce it at a reasonable cost, using a large aluminum extrusion for each board. The extrusion is an integrally-stiffened skin; eight ribs underneath the top “skin” give it strength.
By 1960, the flexibility and high performance of the Duraflex diving board was known worldwide. It was the only diving board used at the 1960 Rome Olympics. It has been the only diving board used in the Olympics and all major international competition since that time.
Starting in 2005 major changes to the factory began. New product developments and redesign of the current products are underway. Features that enhance ease of use and appearance have been added and more are being planned. We have reviewed and revised procedures and materials in order to continue to provide our customers with the world’s best diving equipment. All of our products have been modeled in 3D CAD software and drawings of all Durafirm stands are now available.
We are the “next generation” Duraflex. We are striving to improve all aspects of our product and business. Duraflex continues to be the standard in the diving industry.
View PoolCarePRO in Our Industry DirectorySponsored Advertisement
Chlorine Prices Continue To Go Up This Summer
Is There a ‘Right’ Time to Start Swimming?
PHTA Now Accepting Nominations for $5,000 Dr. R. Neil Lowry Grant
Best Automatic Pool Cleaners of 2021
Deepest Pool In The World – Deep Dive Dubai
Shortages Delaying Pool Construction
Recent Pool News
- Chlorine Prices Continue To Go Up This SummerWith no relief in sight, chlorine prices continue to […]
- 3D Printed Pools Ready To Hit The MarketSan Juan Pools is ready to usher in the era of […]
- Coach Saves Swimmer Who Fainted At World Championships‘Hero coach saves swimmer’ was the […]
- Adding a Sauna To Your BackyardAdding a sauna to your backyard is becoming more and […]
- Pool Design Trends With Kelly O’LearyAs we move well into the 2020’s era of outdoor […]
- The Next Generation of Rising Stars in San AntonioThere are a few rising stars in the pool industry that […]
- Dirty Public Pool Cause of E. Coli Outbreak Says CDCWhen the summer months arrive the hot weather has […]
- The Pool Pump Cover™ – Pool Equipment EnclosureHate seeing messy pipes and pool equipment in the […]
- Premier Pools & Spas Elevates New Talent in the Pool IndustryPartnering with the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance, […]
- One Rockin’ Pool Project at the Hard RockJason Evans and Jeff Brown know a thing or two about […]